Our deep knowledge of the skills, dynamics, communication, and job requirements for chiefs of staff and executive assistants allows us to not only serve our clients by filling vacant positions, but also optimize the effectiveness of assistants and chiefs of staff who are already in-place.
Retained Administrative Search Services
KMA is often called in when other recruiting attempts fail. We excel at finding world-class support teams for CEOs, managing directors, or rising stars. Our goal is to be trusted advisors to our clients during all phases of a search. We strive to exceed client expectations by always presenting well-qualified, high-caliber candidates who will have a long-lasting impact.
We specialize in the roles involved in the office of the CEO. Depending upon a chief executive’s needs, he or she will require the support of an executive assistant, executive business partner or in other cases, the addition of a senior-level chief of staff. We take a consultative approach to help define the exact needs upfront, then target the ideal candidates for the roles.
- We Get to Know Our Client: We interview our clients up-front to assess his/her unique work style and support needs. Once we understand the full scope of responsibilities involved in the role, we can develop the job specification and know the type and level of candidate to target.
- We Find the Right Match: Based on our knowledge of our client’s needs, workstyle, preferences, expectations, and corporate culture, we can determine the best match in terms of personality, temperament, work experience, energy level, and many other proven qualities that we know through experience ensures the perfect fit for our clients.
- We Save You Valuable Time: Most recruiting firms will send dozens of candidate resumes to an executive, making it the client’s job to cull through them. We, on the other hand, perform in-depth screening and analysis in order to present, at most, two or three ideal candidates, saving our clients countless hours of time.
- We Minimize Our Clients’ Risk: We thoroughly search for the highest qualified, most appropriate candidates that fit with our clients’ unique criteria. Once identified, we interview candidates at length and perform extensive background and reference checks before our clients meet them.
What’s the impact an EA or CoS hire can have on your firm? To answer that question, estimate the value of your executive’s time, including their salary and the net effect of their efforts on your bottom line. From experience we know the right EA or CoS will increase your executive’s effectiveness by at least 20-50%, and the wrong hire will decrease their effectiveness by a similar amount.
Given the vital importance of a successful search, KMA takes the time to do things right. Here’s how we go above-and-beyond what the typical placement firm does:
- Personal Interviews with the executive to ensure we are crystal clear regarding job requirements, as well as the executive’s personality type and work style. We find that failed EA or CoS placements are sometimes due to personality or style conflicts. We conduct detailed interview assessments for personality and culture fit during our candidate interviews as well.
- Candidate Interviews: Candidates are vetted through in-depth phone interviews, personality and skill assessments, writing-sample reviews, and reference checks. We also typically conduct in-person interviews prior to presenting any candidate to a client.
- Strong oversight of the hiring and placement process. We can come on-site to manage final candidate interviews and placement decisions. We offer specialized tips and best practices for optimizing the onboarding process.
- Quality guarantee. If, in the rare circumstance that your hire does not work out during the first six months, we guarantee to find a replacement free of charge.